We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer in Ithaca

Which Ithaca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
paris
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Summer in Ithaca

Hello,

I'm french and I'm 25 year old.

I come in Itahca this suumer to do a training period in a research laboratory at Cornell.

It's the first time I come in USA and I'm a little affraid.

So if somebody could explain me some things about Ithaca, It will be very nice !

California
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer in Ithaca

I grew up near Ithaca. It's a college town, with book stores, ethnic restaurants, bars with live music, fairs and festivals. You can probably find most of your favorite European foods at Wegman's, a huge grocery store. Many Cornell students spend at least one summer there since it's so nice.

There should be places to rent for the summer at relatively cheap prices since most students aren't around. Ask at your lab, perhaps you could even stay in a dorm if you'd like. It might be easier to meet some students that way.

Ithaca is on a fairly big lake, you can rent kayaks and sailboats. There are many wineries nearby, it's the US's second wine region after the Napa valley area.

There should be a lot of specific info on the web; use Google.com to search.

Ithaca consistently wins magazine contests as a top place to live in the US - it's a small town, with beautiful scenery and lots of interesting things to do. Make the effort to get out and take advantage of all the activities, and you'll have a great time!