We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Queretaro or Leon airports to San Miguel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Queretaro or Leon airports to San Miguel

So I am thinking of possibly renting a car at the airport and driving from/to the mentioned airports. I have driven in Mexico before...PVR to Sayulita and also in Costa Rica. Is this safe, easy, unsafe, not recommended??? etc... Has anyone heard of any problems or incidents?

Any info would be appreciated!

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Queretaro or Leon airports to San Miguel

Yes, very safe although I wouldn't rent a car if you're doing it solely for this journey (there are reasonably priced car pick-up services that most people use). Still, from either airport most of the route is on toll roads or 4-lane highways so you shouldn't find it a difficult drive.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Queretaro or Leon airports to San Miguel

Now I am thinking we may be flying into BJX, staying for 2 nights-then making our way to San Miguel for 3 nights and flying back out of BJX. I am curious to know driving times between the BJX airport and Guanajuato, driving time between Guanajuato and San Miguel, and finally driving time between San Miguel and BJX airport? I have decided that we will probably use a local transportation company rather than drive. So any recommendations for transport companies would be welcome.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,038 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Queretaro or Leon airports to San Miguel

BJX-GTO. You will have to take a cab. You prepay at the airport. It should not take more than 30-45 minutes, depending on where in Guanajuato you are going.

GTO-SMA. There are several deluxe/first class and many second class buses a day. Takes about an hour and a quarter. You will need to take a taxi to the bus station from downtown Guanajuato.

SMA-BJX. Pre-book a shuttle with BajioGo. About 90 minutes. Thecompany will time your departure from San Miguel to catch your flight.

4. Re: Driving from Queretaro or Leon airports to San Miguel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, October 24, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Queretaro City