We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Turotel Help!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Queretaro City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cs4
laredo, texas
Level Contributor
145 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Turotel Help!

Hi ya''ll me the wife n kids will be in qto for the 1st time april 2 thru 6 and was wondering if anyone had info on this hotel. Distance to center, etc, restaurtant guide.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Turotel Help!

The Turotel is situated on the edge of town on the main highway 57 and is mainly used as a stopover by business folks and people traveling through. The similar Mercury Inn and City Express are alongside. It would be a brisk 30-40 minute walk to the center and there are really no restaurants or bars within easy walking distance. I am sure the hotel itself is fine and the restaurant looks OK but if you are spending a few days exploring Querétaro then I would recommend you look for somewhere closer to the center where you can easily walk to and from places.

cs4
laredo, texas
Level Contributor
145 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Turotel Help!

Thanks for the info. Do you have any suggestions on what hotels might be closer. Saw one called casa del naranjo? heard of it. THanks

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Turotel Help!

I don't know that place personally but the location should be fine - not too noisy but within 10 minutes of most of the sights in the Centro. It looks great! Clearly it's designed as an up-market B&B and the reviews here on Trip Advisor are very good. Since the rates include breakfast they are quite reasonable. I think it sounds fine and a lot more convenient for you.

Shelby, North...
Level Contributor
223 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Turotel Help!

Last May, we spent three nights at Casa Santiago. Fantastic spot (and super value) in a very quiet neighborhood, yet only a 5 – 10 minute walk to the Plaza de Armas and the Centro Historico (UN World Heritage Site). The house, actually two houses, have been impeccably restored by Carl and Francis, the incredibly warm, friendly, and helpful innkeepers. Although breakfast in not served, there are several great places within a short walk.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Turotel Help!

Casa Santiago is probably a similar place to Casa del Naranjo and I have only heard good things about it. I haven't been there but have met the owners - very nice people.

Toronto
Level Contributor
385 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Turotel Help!

Hi -- we loved our stay at Casa del Naranjo last year (see my review on tripadvisor); however, depending on the age of your children, it might not be appropriate. (And if I recall, they don't allow children under 12?) A lot of the design elements and furnishings don't seem right for small bodies or unsteady hands.

Perth
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Turotel Help!

As people have already meintioned, Casa naranjo and Casa Santiago are different animals. Casa Naranjo is a boutique hotel & spa. Beautiful, well run, but from what I have heard a little more on the pricey side and not very kid friendly. Casa Santiago is a beautiful guest house that is more mid-range on the prices. I have heard great things about them both, and they are both very centrally located, but if you have kids the latter may be the better choice for you. Good luck.

8. Re: Hotel Turotel Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 01, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Queretaro City