We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Airport

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
51 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
New Airport

Anyone know about the new airport just to east of Queretaro? It is near Colorado. My brother-in-law lives in San Juan del Rio and thought that it is not serving commercial planes yet as it is still building up. We were within a few miles of it but did not check out what planes where there since we had to get back.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Airport

I assume you can only mean the "new" Queretaro international airport which has been fully operational since November 2004. Here is its home page: http://www.aiq.com.mx/home.htm. It has internatinal flights daily to Houston (Continental) and Atlanta (Delta), 3 a day to Monterrey and Mexico City. It also services a number of low-cost airlines such as Alma, Vivaaerobus etc.

I have used it a number of times as it's very convenient and very small so no long immigration lines - usually you can get from plane to car-park in around 10 minutes.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Airport

The international flights are usually (but not always) more expensive and less convenient than those from BJX and MEX.

Additionally, if you take the early AM CO flt and have an FM-3 visa, the INM guy often arrives after 06:30.

Good news is they will "hold" the plane and one has to arrive only 30-40 minutes prior to scheduled departure time.

Seems the price of shuttles is nearly the same as those to BJX from here, but $25, pesos a day parking remains a bargain for all but very long trips.

I have been told just recently that there are no landing, parking, nor storage fees for general aviation, but serious tips go a long way to ensure aircraft security.

It is definitely convenient.

M

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
51 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Airport

Thanks guys. Shows why I don't listen to my brother-in-law very often.

I am just always looking for easier and cheaper ways to get to San Juan or Queretaro. Flights from PHX are limited without flying multiple legs. I usually just fly to MEX and take the bus. Ends up being much cheaper anyway especially into San Juan.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Airport

We may see some new flights from Austin (vivaaerobus.com) and Atlanta (Delta) this spring.

Predicting what airlines might do is like gambling in the US stock and currency market.

Buen viaje.

M

5. Re: New Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:21 am, September 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Queretaro City