We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable Accommodation in Vilanculous?

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Affordable Accommodation in Vilanculous?

Hi,

Looking to spend 5-7days most in Vilanculous in August 2014. Can anyone recommend some accommodation that is affordable (~$100 USD/night), has a pool and is close to the beach/town/restaurants/bars. Would like to do a Dhow trip and snorkeling so somewhere close to where the Dhow operators are would be ideal.

We have 4 adults and are open to self catering options.

Thanks!

Casa Babi
Casa Babi
#1 of 11 B&Bs / Inns in Vilanculos
Bahia Mar Boutique Hotel
Bahia Mar Boutique Hotel
#1 of 9 hotels in Vilanculos
4 replies to this topic
Maputo, Mozambique
Destination Expert
for Mozambique
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable Accommodation in Vilanculous?

You will find some good options on this website:

www.mozambicanhotels.com/vilanculos-hotels

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable Accommodation in Vilanculous?

Thanks. Are you able to offer any advice as to where abouts in the village is best? Where is the beach the nicest for swimming- the northern end or the eastern coast around where dolphin dhows is?

Maputo, Mozambique
Destination Expert
for Mozambique
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable Accommodation in Vilanculous?

Personally I prefer the southern end as I think its a little more 'Mozambican' - with the fishermen and locals everywhere you feel more as though you are in Moz.. The northern end is more full of South African lodges. I don't think there is great swimming in Vilankulo because the water is very shallow. But that's just my opinion perhaps others like the shallow water. I haven't been to Vilankulo in about 6 years and I can't remember where Dolphin Dhows is. Either way you will need to take a dhow ride to the islands for some fantastic snorkelling.

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
18 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Affordable Accommodation in Vilanculous?

Hi ! I just spent four nights in Vilankulo staying in a lovely house rented out with airbnb (https://www.airbnb.de/rooms/1025865?s=5d83) It has plenty of space for four, a small pool, a nice garden and is a two minute walk to the beach. It is about 2km north of town, you can walk (half an hour) or take a taxi. It is 40€/ night for the whole house.

Reply to: Affordable Accommodation in Vilanculous?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted