We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping in Nkhata Bay

Nelspruit, South...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Camping in Nkhata Bay

Suggest camping places on the shore, what is the December weather like and mozzies?

3 replies to this topic
Blantyre
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping in Nkhata Bay

Great to camp at Mayoka Village- beautiful spot right on the edge of the lake and great atmosphere there. December is rainy season so there will be heavy showers and mozzies! But the country is green and beautiful!

Nelspruit, South...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping in Nkhata Bay

Thanks Kate, do you have any pics of the camp site and is there power at the sites, also what are the ablutions like? Is Mayoka Village the best spot on the lake, or can you recommend any others. We would drive from Nelspruit, Mpumalanga, RSA to spend about 10 days on the beach. We have a self contained camping trailer with gas and lights etc. or should we hire a cottage for my family of total 4 pax? Appreciate your input, Andrew

Blantyre
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping in Nkhata Bay

Cottages are fantastic to hire by the lake and as it is rainy season i would suggest going the cottage route. Have at a look at these options for self catering or these for more on Lake Malawi accommodation and let me know if you want more information.

Self catering: explore-malawi.com/malawi-accommodation-villa

Southern Lake Shore: I would recommend Norman Carr Cottage - http://www.normancarrcottagelakemalawi.com/. They have a family cottage.

Or Chembe Eagles Nest (great value). http://www.explore-malawi.com/Eagles_Nest

Northern Lake Shore: Nkhata Bay: explore-malawi.com/hotels-in-nkhata-bay-chin…

Reply to: Camping in Nkhata Bay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted