We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A good site for tours from Nosy Be?

Flitton, United...
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
166 reviews
95 helpful votes
A good site for tours from Nosy Be?

I have researched quite a few which show all the usual islands that we will be visiting. I am looking more for trips to places a little further afield but still doable in a day? Would love to visit Amber Mountain (I think!) Our time is very limited but we would like a mix of water wildlife, and forest wildlife. The bit that's missing is the landscapes/villages and perhaps more unusual creatures only found in specific parts. With a view to photograph.

We have accommodation on Nosy Be in 2 places, one Zara Village, near Lokobe, the other La Sakalava. 4 days here, 2 in Zara Village.

Any advice, suggestions will be most welcome. We are a party of 4. Our budget is mid range...100euro pp a day but will depend on experiences. More for great guide.

7 replies to this topic
Manning, South...
Level Contributor
193 posts
34 reviews
40 helpful votes
1. Re: A good site for tours from Nosy Be?

Amber mountain is too far for a day tour from Nosy Be, the nearest is Ankarana national park but still, you need to overnight there as it is 3 hours journey from Nosy Be. I would suggest cancel one night hotel in Nosy Be and book an hotel for one night at Ankarana. You could arrange a speed boat and car with a local tour agent or guides in Nosy Be. I do reccommend Nosy Be Exposure at nosybeexposure@gmail.com

Ankarana is known for its limestone karst pinnacles called Tsingy along with its extensive cave system and network of underground rivers. Dry deciduous forest is found in much of the reserve. Visitors may encounter the crowned lemur, Sanford's brown lemur, Perrier's black lemur, the northern sportive lemur and dwarf lemurs. A variety of chameleons and leaf-tailed Uroplatus geckos can also be found in the reserve.

This reserve contains one of the highest density of primates of any forest in the world. Its dense forests support one of the largest and least disturbed populations of crowned lemurs.

Flitton, United...
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
166 reviews
95 helpful votes
2. Re: A good site for tours from Nosy Be?

Many thanks

3. Re: A good site for tours from Nosy Be?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:59 am, March 07, 2019

3 posts
4. Re: A good site for tours from Nosy Be?

I can really recommend a local tour guy who did us a personalised trip for a really great price! Hes an incredible man and works his butt off to support his family!! He literally factored everything we wanted into our trip, and completely worked around us! We became really great friends. He provided a fantastic car and driver, organised all our accommodation etc and happily gave advice on things we were doing when we left him! His name is Enock- contact him via facebook…. search 'mananjara enock'

You will not be disappointed! xxx

Flitton, United...
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
166 reviews
95 helpful votes
5. Re: A good site for tours from Nosy Be?

Hi,

Thanks, but I'm not looking for someone to take us all on a tour for the time we are there. Sorry I wasn't clear, I just meant a tour operator based on the island who we could organise half day, whole day trips, possibly one overnight...we like the look of the one staying overnight in a tent on the beach!

I will still bear in mind the person you suggested as we may have time to do one tour that involves more than a day trip.

1 post
6. Re: A good site for tours from Nosy Be?

Hi,

We (myself and partner) are looking to do a trip to the Ankarana Reserve (approximately 2 nights) to do all hikes and exploring.

We want accomodation and transport etc. Is this something he can help with and what trips did he help you with?

Also are there a lot of tour operators on nosey be?

Many thanks :)

Madagascar
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
87 reviews
56 helpful votes
7. Re: A good site for tours from Nosy Be?

There are lots of operators on Nosy Be, I highly recommend either Nosy Be Original on Nosy Be, or, MadaBest from Diego can come get you and show you Ankarana.

Reply to: A good site for tours from Nosy Be?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted