We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for tours on 29 Dec, 30 Dec and 05 Jan to 8 Jan

Nosy Be, Madagascar
2 posts
Advice for tours on 29 Dec, 30 Dec and 05 Jan to 8 Jan

I am currently stuck in Nosy Be til 8 January for a volunteer program which turns out I am the only participant....

I did not prepare much for the free time coming weekend ans the 3 full days after the program, as I thought there would be other participants.

I am still searching for any water activities for my free time and grateful if there is any advice.

I'm a beginner for scuba diving.

3 replies to this topic
Manning, South...
Level Contributor
193 posts
34 reviews
41 helpful votes
1. Re: Advice for tours on 29 Dec, 30 Dec and 05 Jan to 8 Jan

If you got 3 days, I would suggest one day at Nosy Tanikely, one day at Nosy Iranja and one day at Nosy Sakatia for snorkeling and diving. You could arrange this with the local tour companies or guides. Your hotel could help if you are staying at an hotel.

Nosy Iranja is the most famous island of the archipelago, with its stunning powder white and brilliant sandbar, an absolute must and an endless source of wonder.

But it is already rainy season so maybe not good for such activities and if you are interested in seeing wildlife. I would suggest going to the mainland and drive to Ankarana national park where you could see lots of lemur s and discover the forest of limestones known as Tsingy.

Edited: 10:10 am, December 26, 2018
Nosy Be, Madagascar
2 posts
2. Re: Advice for tours on 29 Dec, 30 Dec and 05 Jan to 8 Jan

Thanks a lot will try to book them.

Level Contributor
53 posts
3. Re: Advice for tours on 29 Dec, 30 Dec and 05 Jan to 8 Jan

Any accommodation recommendations on Nosy Iranja? Is Iranja Lodge still in business?

Reply to: Advice for tours on 29 Dec, 30 Dec and 05 Jan to 8 Jan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted