We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antananarivo to Nosy Be May 4 2018

1 post
Antananarivo to Nosy Be May 4 2018

I need to travel from Antananarivo to Nosy Be Madagascar on May 4. Can anyone suggest options other than flying Air Madagascar, or is that the best choice? I want to travel cheaply, but safely. Does anyone know if the postal bus is safe for a foreigner traveling with one piece of luggage, and if so, if the bus station is near the airport?

There also used to be a first-class taxi (the instructions from 2012 were: go to the hotel GRAND MELLIS in TANA. It will cost you €30 to travel in comfort to Mahajanga; then take a taxi-brousse on to Nosy Be.) Does anyone know if that still exists?

Finally, does anyone want to guess at the chances of success if I just fly in to Antananarivo and then try to purchase a ticket to Nosy Be at the airport when I arrive? I am getting close enough to my departure time that I'm worried that the ticket won't get mailed here before I leave, and apparently Air Madagascar doesn't issue electronic tickets.

Thank you for any help anyone can give!

5 replies to this topic
1 post
1. Re: Antananarivo to Nosy Be May 4 2018

Hey Terry! I am flying in to Tana on May 1, 2018, and also considering to head North.

For how long are you planning to stay?

Madagascar
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
87 reviews
56 helpful votes
2. Re: Antananarivo to Nosy Be May 4 2018

Using a computer, if you log in to this forum, on the right hand side of the screen you will see the "Top Questions about Madagascar". I have answered the "how to get to Nosy Be by road" question there.

Air Mad issue only e-tickets here, I have never tried to buy one from their website. You will get a seat in May but it may not be exactly when you want, maybe you will need to wait a day, but it is unlikely that you would need to wait too long. There is still a bit of availability at this point for most days.

Note that tickets at the airport can be more expensive than buying from their shopfronts either in Analakely or preferably (no queues) at La City.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
187 posts
9 reviews
6 helpful votes
3. Re: Antananarivo to Nosy Be May 4 2018

I wasn't able to find that... I don't know if I'm just dim or what, but do you have a direct link?

4. Re: Antananarivo to Nosy Be May 4 2018

Hi people just cant find any flights going to Nosy Be from Antananarivo. Even when I search on Air Madagascar the internal flights are unavailable to search fares. Do you know why and have another tip how to get there by plane going from Antananarivo?

Manning, South...
Level Contributor
196 posts
34 reviews
41 helpful votes
5. Re: Antananarivo to Nosy Be May 4 2018

@Mauricio Lambertucci, Air Madagascar is actually using their subsidiary company'TSARADIA" for all domestic flights that you could find at https://tsaradia.com

Reply to: Antananarivo to Nosy Be May 4 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted