We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay on Nosy Be

gateshead
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
5 helpful votes
Where to stay on Nosy Be

Hi, we want to avoid tourist hot spots if possible and would prefer somewhere with a nice pool and beach for a few days. Importantly, we want to visit the islands off Nosy Be and so the location has to fit in with that. Any help would be appreciated.

9 replies to this topic
Madagascar
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
87 reviews
56 helpful votes
1. Re: Where to stay on Nosy Be

Going to the most touristic place in Madagascar to avoid tourist hot spots... hmmmm...

Try the less populated beaches like Ambondrona. But the main island now is quite developed. Many places now have music on the beach on the weekends, it can be hard to find a truly peaceful spot. You might be better to leave Nosy Be and go stay on Nosy Komba (e.g. Floraly Komba hotel) from where you can do tours to the other islands etc, or if you have the money, there are some really upmarket hotels on Nosy Komba (TsaraKomba being one) or on other islands, such as Zahir Lodge on Nosy Iranja or the amazing tree house on Ankazoberavina.

Stanley, Idaho
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
2. Re: Where to stay on Nosy Be

Would suggest staying at Belvedere hotel on Andilana beach-Nosy Be. We spent two nights on Nosy Komba at Floraly Komba and two nights at Belvedere hotel.

Madagascar
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
87 reviews
56 helpful votes
3. Re: Where to stay on Nosy Be

Andilana Beach has one of the biggest tourist resorts in Madagascar with just the Andilana Beach Resort alone having over 200 rooms, so, I would really disagree that this is in any way helping you to "avoid tourist hot spots".

Stanley, Idaho
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
4. Re: Where to stay on Nosy Be

The fantastic white beach of Andilana, which is without doubt the most beautiful beach on the island. . We stayed there but not crowded as our hotel is Belvedere but not the Andilana beach with 200 rooms. Andilanna is the name of the place but not only the hotel and I am sure that people who have stayed there would confirm this. And people who are staying at the Andilana beach resort have their own private beach .

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
5. Re: Where to stay on Nosy Be

A follow-up question: can you camp on Nosy Be?

Where can you do really rustic tourism - which of the islands is best?

6. Re: Where to stay on Nosy Be

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:49 am, October 03, 2018

Nosy Be, Madagascar
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
7. Re: Where to stay on Nosy Be

@hlbavy, have you stayed at Au Belvédère Hotel or Villa du Belvédère? Do you know the difference by any chance?

Thanks!

Antananarivo...
Level Contributor
483 posts
50 reviews
44 helpful votes
8. Re: Where to stay on Nosy Be

I stayed at the hotel. I think the villa is at the beach, that's the difference.

Siauliai, Lithuania
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
9. Re: Where to stay on Nosy Be

Hi sorry for bad english

I now wrighting from Nosy Be ,I like you tried to find the best places in Nosy Be in this forum . And now I ,m in la Belvedere the badest place that we had , we planed to stay for 4 nights just we arrived we realized the situation . At Foraly Komba we stayed for 4 nights that where the first place so the beach is realy nice ,island yes but the hotel so so 6from 10 max , meal so so . Bevare this forum I think there managers advartising there hotels . The best place we had hire or at all was DANAE BEACH and the owner Alberto is fantastic and very calm peron . Another hotel where we staed was Zahir hotel (wife wanted hotel with pool ) litle bit expensiver but realy nice and food is tasty .

Bevare this forum or check twice becourse hire can write everyone even hotel staff . If I can I will put photo

Reply to: Where to stay on Nosy Be
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted