We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any advice

Which Kotu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
accrington
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
any advice

Hoping to book a 10 day stay in January at the palm beach (will know tomorrow re time of work). Has anyone stayed here, bit dubious with it been 2 star. Also what are prices like and what is there to do in the resort. Thanks in advance

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any advice

Hi Sarah, I haven't stayed at the Palm Beach but had a wander around last year when I was up that end of the beach and it looked fine. It's right on the beach and next to Kotu Creek and from the recent reviews it looks like it gets repeat visitors:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g479201-d3166…

Ascot
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any advice

I've had friends that stay there regularly so cannot be that bad IMO.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any advice

Hi Sarah, welcome.

Palm beach, for a 2 star is good imo, we had a great time there, the staff were fantastic, of an evening there is some local and cultural shows, some great some not.

It also as a beach bar with a stage, they have things on here of an evening as well as at the pool, the beach here is peaceful, you will see and can play volleyball and football games, horse rides by independants, the sea can be refreshing can be very strong, it can be cool down here at night.

In the foyer area there is payable internet and a big TV screen showing all the big games.

We found the rooms to be cleaned daily, towels changed daily, but towels may not come back from the laundry till late afternoon take some of your own, rooms have TV and fan, no charge.

Food was ok , similar in price to UK.

There is a creek by the entrance, popular with birdwatchers and one or two local anglers.

The taxis outside can be a bit pricey, so haggle, avoid getting sucked in by bumsters.

https:/…safety-and-security

All in all, we found more positives than negatives, this is a friendly hotel, from top to bottom.

scotland
Level Contributor
5,759 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any advice

I have not stayed there , I did in a hotel close by . The hotel security is on the ball at the gate ,

The hotel is right on top of Kuntah Kinteh beach which is well liked by tourists .

Kotu is much quieter than Kololi area though still only a £2 taxi fare away from there and Sennigambia .

It is close to Fajara and Kairaba avenue and Westfield

Hope this helps , others may have I depth knowledge of the palm beach hotel

Prices to eat out are from £1---£20 per meal if you wish .

Alcohol prices others are more familiar with than I .

Cheers Bruff

Edited: 2:06 pm, September 01, 2013
accrington
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any advice

What very quick replies, very much appreaciated. Just hope we both can get the time off work.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
643 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: any advice

Hi Sarah, Im from Accrington too....think we might know each other!!

Ive been going to Gambia for around 13 years and know a few local people who also love it. I havent stayed at Palm Beach but a friend has and she said for a 2 star it was great.

Theres lots of info on here....hope you can get time off work:-)

Bakau, Gambia
Level Contributor
3,319 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: any advice

just had a fab day on the beach there today ,the weather was fab after the last few days ,walked up to Fajara no hassle ,sunday is the day all the locals come down to party great day loved it and so will you ,

8. Re: any advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:37 am, September 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kotu