We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundry

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Laundry

Is there anywhere near to the Kombo beach to have your laundry done at a reasonable price?

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
4,444 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundry

I have never seen anything resembling a laundry out there and a lot of hotels etc frown on you hanging washing out. I am fairly sure your best bet would be to ask the lady who cleans your room if she would do it for you and it will cost you very little. As it will be hand washed it will be scrubbed well and could be stiff as a board when you get it back but it will be fresh and clean.

North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
4,538 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundry

Hi ChristineCO83

Welcome to The Gambian Forum!!

Unless it changed the Kombo beach did offer a laundry service but as Peedy says you could ask the cleaners but as I recall most of the cleaners where men!! I am sure there was a laundry charge list in the room along with a bag!! I would email them and asked them the price!!!

At least you will know then so here is their email info@kombobeachhotel.gm

Best wishes

Breeze

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundry

Hi Christine, post 2 is probably the safest option, the cleaner may be eager to help, but could get into hot water with the hotel, or the cleaner may not return your laundry as you'd maybe like.

Many guests we met in TG, did their own by hand.

isle of man
Level Contributor
359 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundry

The male cleaners will do your washing just as good as the female cleaners, there is a laundry/drycleaners at the village complex, opposite the petrol station (think Total) near the strip.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundry

thanks for your replies. Any tips for our first visit to Gambia, we have travelled around Goa a few times but not visited gambia, we are travelling in November.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundry

Hi

Walk around to the laundry at the hotel ...........ask for Haddy i'm sure she will be able to sort something Shhhhhhh!!!!!!

if not there at laundry next to the tourist police at Senegambia called R&R or there was one at the turntable not sure if that's still there

or ask one of the local to do it for you cheapest opp

7. Re: Laundry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kotu