We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kombo beach hotel

wilmslow cheshire
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kombo beach hotel

Does Kombo beach htl provide beach towels?

Is it worth upgrading to half board before we leave or when we arrive. |Or are the eateries around and about good.

David

Ilminster, United...
Destination Expert
for Gambia
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kombo beach hotel

Hi

Yes they do supply beach towels no need to take any Personally there is so much choice of good food all around the tourist area that I would never eat in my hotel well maybe once but its a personal choice the Kombo food is fine as opposed to some of the hotels where its dire imo rgds

North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
4,538 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kombo beach hotel

Hi Maxpod

There are a few restaurants around the Kombo which are good value!!

Just along the beach you have Dominoes beach bar they do European and Gambian dishes and prices are good too!! A must is "red shrimp benechin which is delicious!! So much so I ate it most nights!!

We used to go there early evening and watch the sun go down, also watch the locals on the beach pack up for the day!!

I really like Kombo Beach, breakfast is good and plentiful, it made me laugh when I saw USA students making sandwiches and wrapping them up at breakfast!! Great idea I thought as they had a lunch from that so well done students then I saw some elderly people do it too!! I thought my godness they know how to holiday on a budget or could they have been feeding Gambian friends, matters not as they seem to sit in the farthest corner making a feast!! So you can gather from that the breakfast is worth saving in a baguette for a lunch time feast!!

It a great hotel, have a super holiday!!

Best wishes

Breeze

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kombo beach hotel

Kombo Beach Hotel is an old and respected establisment. These days it is safe haven for people who want to avoid Gambia, It is ownwned by Serenity and if you book through GExp then you will be guided to this hotel. There is no mobile reception at thi hotel for some reason. Other than that = nice location.

North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
4,538 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kombo beach hotel

Hi Chelmo

I have stayed in many hotels in The Gambia, sorry but I don't get your comment " These days a safe haven for people who want to avoid the Gambia!!"

I love to interact with locals!!

All I can say is "that there as been some strange comments today on this forum"!!!

Best wishes

Breeze

Edited: 4:55 pm, February 23, 2013
London
Level Contributor
418 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kombo beach hotel

As ssid before towels are provided. You just need to go to the entertainment office by the pool and sign for them. If you want to change them during your stay its 20dalasi.

I personally wouldn't bother with half board as you can eat and travel cheaper outside the hotel.

I'm with breeze and can't believe the comment of a safe haven away from The Gambia. What a load of tosh. You can access The Gambia and not hide away from it. If you choose to hide you can wherever.

Kombo is not as lively as a resort as Senegambia but more lively than sme others.

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kombo beach hotel

Hi Breezy,

I have stayed in a few hotels in TG - not many like you but since 1977. Kombo is in an enclave which - as you know is pretty well outside of mainstream TG. That particular hotel was always given preferencial choice over - say- the new hotels in Bijilo - where I have lived since 1999 - because the agencies denied availability - I did test this and found it to be true..

If you have anything explicit to say about strange postings then I'd be interested to be informed.

Hope you continue to enjoy - your spirit helps TG!!

Allen

North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
4,538 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kombo beach hotel

Hi Chelmo

I asked a question and you answered!! You explained in your way and that's good enough for me!!

It is never my intention to annoy a poster nor have a conflict with one either, I have learnt that in the end this solves nothing and often gets topics deleted!!

I don't get involved in Politics, I watch a topic run it's course, my days of kicking off are long gone now, "no point" is what I think!!

If I find a post is strange or just not right I will ask a few questions and if I am not acknowledge I now don't get so involved, "other people get them deleted closed not me"!!!

So thank you for your courteous reply!! I hope that hotels and business in Bijilo will eventually prosper!!

With respect

Breeze

wilmslow cheshire
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kombo beach hotel

Thank you for all the replies they are very helpful and informative.

One last question does the kombo have a laundry service?

regards

David

North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
4,538 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kombo beach hotel

Hi Maxpod

I think that the do have a laundry service but I have no idea how much it costs as we have never used it!!

Best wishes

Breeze

wilmslow cheshire
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kombo beach hotel

Thank you

Get answers to your questions about Kotu
Recent Conversations