We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

inr blood tests

oxford
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
inr blood tests

Hello! travelling to The Gambia on jan 10th, need to have an inr blood test on tues 15th, please advise on best clinic,staying at the palma rima

Ascot
Level Contributor
1,762 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: inr blood tests

There's one opposite Binis near the Strip which performed a very successful hernia op on a friend of mine in March. I can't remember the name but there are many ambulances parked outside.

Birmingham UK
Level Contributor
829 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: inr blood tests

I think Paul is referring to Africmed (?) my friend was treated there effectively and efficiently too for a very deep cut to his knee. Could try them.

Torfaen
Destination Expert
for Gambia
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: inr blood tests

Paul - The place you refer to is Africmed. Generally regarded as one of the better clinics in The Gambia.

Rgds

Haydn

Ascot
Level Contributor
1,762 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: inr blood tests

Yes, that's it...... cheers

oxford
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: inr blood tests

Many thanks,which hotel is it near please

Birmingham UK
Level Contributor
829 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: inr blood tests

The nearest hotels are on the Strip(Kairaba, and Senegambia) but thats not much help directions-wise. I think you are at Palma Rima and Africmed is on the same road, opposite side, about a 20 min walk up towards the strip, turn right out of the hotel , or you could just hop in a geli geli or be extravagent and get in a taxi - surely cant be more than 50d (£1). It's really not far from where you are but you may want to arrive calm and collected in which case a taxi is worth it.

Edited: 10:49 am, December 31, 2012
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
5,431 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: inr blood tests

OK, whats inr blood Test..??

oxford
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: inr blood tests

Many thanks!

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: inr blood tests

Rich,

INR blood test monitoring for patients newly started on anticoagulant therapy (warfarin).

I think!

Torfaen
Destination Expert
for Gambia
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: inr blood tests

Jump in a taxi and ask for Africmed (Senegambia) - they will know where it is. D50 is the maximum to pay from Palma Rima.

Rgds

Haydn

Get answers to your questions about Kotu
Recent Conversations