We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

King Bed

Which Bakau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
King Bed

Hi

Anyone in TG that can tell me the price of a king wooden bed ....not the fancy ones just plain frame

Gambian price please not Toubab ;-(

Bakau, Gambia
Level Contributor
3,319 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: King Bed

A friend of mine had a large bed ,double wardroab ,very large chest of drawers and a small dressing type table hand made solid hard wood £2,000.but sorry i dont know where but that might give you an idea of prices,

Bakau, Gambia
Level Contributor
3,319 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: King Bed

Have a look at Ayoub Furniture

22 Kairaba av' they have some good stuff ,

you can view on line just type in Ayoub Furniture Gambia

Skegness, United...
Level Contributor
327 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: King Bed

hi nails

the best place to go is around the streets you will see the carpenters the basic bed can start from 2,000 dalsis upwards to 4,000 and thats with out the matress. the matress start at 1,0050 dalsis up to 1.600 dalsis depends on the thickness from the market dont forget to send a gambian and barter toubabs prices are double.

hope this helps

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
4,390 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: King Bed

Take the new tarmac road (Obama Street) into Kerr Serring and turn first right to the x roads where the bush taxi terminus is. Go past the mosque and first right there is a bloke who makes beds.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: King Bed

I saw a couple not long ago in the good shops on kariba avenue,bed and wardrobe,side table 13,000 dalasi.

Northallerton
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: King Bed

Try looking round Bufferzone Latrikunda areas. There is a big mosque where Bufferzone ends and Latrikuda starts Turn left here and there are a few local carpenters on this street making beds.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: King Bed

Hi all

Thanks for details

Been quoted 2500 D's for plain king bed no fancy woodwork

And 2500 D's for 8 inch foam king matress

Just wondered if price was high ?

North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
4,538 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: King Bed

Wow them prices are great, if the quality is good!!

I won't say what I have recently paid for a bed and mattress, but I must admit "that I do insist on a quality bed" Do you get quality in The Gambia!!

Breeze

Tanji, Gambia
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: King Bed

D2500 for the bed is a very good price. I would really look at getting a sprung mattress though, think we paid about D4500 dalasis for ours. I found the foam one too hot and after a short time I felt like I was climbing Everest every night because the bed hollows where you sleep and does not spring back ( neither of us are very heavy) Much as you might want to be close to whoever you are sleeping next to you sometimes you need your own space. The sponge mattress also gave me really bad back pain which disappeared after we got the sprung mattress.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: King Bed

hi @ sandy

Thanks for info was thinking of putting a piece of thin ply over the slats so mattress doesn't disappear between them ....lol

Get answers to your questions about Bakau