We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

crocodiles

London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
crocodiles

Hey guys,

I love crocodiles and seeing them is just fantastic, but I am staying in the Ocean Bay Hotel in Cape point with my family and I just wonderd if there was any crocodile, animal parks ect aroud where we are staying.

Thanks Erin.

canterbury
Level Contributor
771 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: crocodiles

along the beach if you go right from your hotel there is a restaurant called calypso, quite a few crocs live in the ponds between it's outside tables and the beach. i can recommend it the food is delicious and sitting in the garden while the sun sets is an amazing experience.

also there are botanical gardens maybe half a mile from there.

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: crocodiles

Thanks sunshineand,

that was a great help and defo going to that one thaks for that

Erin

iow
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: crocodiles

go to katchikali croc pool,you can stroke them,i did and still have both arms lol

North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
4,538 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: crocodiles

If your off to the Croc pool then don't forget to cover up as there is plenty of stagnant water there and you may get bitten!! "I did!

Breeze

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: crocodiles

Thanks guys,

going to take that ito consideration, all sounds great though. Meny thanks Erin

North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
4,538 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: crocodiles

Welcome to our forum Mostacheyay!!

I hope you have a brilliant time!!

Best wishes

Breeze

Eton, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: crocodiles

I hear that Katchikally pool will soon be doing Crocodile Rides. There's a guy in Australia been doing it recently although he was a bit drunk, the papers reported.

Should be a crowd puller ... patting them is a bit tame. Just my opinion lol

london
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: crocodiles

Here I go again! Yes they are nice and docile when it's hot and people go and pet them (STUPID!) but just remember they are wild animals.

So many "professionals" have been killed by the "wild animals/water beasts!" they make their living from, that in my mind if you want to put your life in your hands, be my guest! Just remember how you feel when you have an off day and can snap at a small issue - they may have a tooth ache and had enough of people walking up to them and patting them!

Whatever wild animal/beast you dare to confront as a "friend" may God be looking down on you at the time - Good Luck!

Put it into perspective - on a Safari are you let loose to go down by the river and look up close at the Crocs/Aligators. Think you'll find the answer is NO, do the guides have rifles, think the answer is YES! If you can't work out why, you'll probably go stroke the Crocs!

Think about the trained elephants in india, who perform, and one had a grump on and stomped on the spectators, the Aussie guy who got speared by a stingray through his heart - it's nature/accidents - we are not meant to mingle like friends.

Please KEEP your distance - it's your life, look after it!

Rant over and keep safe! x no offense to lovers of stroking them!

Skegness, United...
Level Contributor
327 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: crocodiles

dont forget the monkey park at senagambia or the chamel safari at tangi

10. Re: crocodiles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bakau