We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Supplies in Kariba

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
55 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
Buying Supplies in Kariba

Can anyone give me advice on where I can buy meat and supplies in Kariba as we are one our way to Mana Pools for a week of camping and need to stock up, Thanks in advance

4 replies to this topic
Sussex
Destination Expert
for Mana Pools National Park, Marco Island
Level Contributor
906 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying Supplies in Kariba

Rather than detour into Kariba to pick up supplies (~2 hour round trip from the Makuti turn-off by the time you have stopped and shopped) I would recommend stopping at the Lions Den Butchery (on the right hand side of the road between Chinhoi and Karoi) who sell good quality meat, sausages and biltong.

I would be tempted to 'phone ahead to a/ make sure they are open when you are due to pass, and b/ to place an order so they can have everything ready for you when you arrive.

Edited: 9:23 am, May 29, 2013
Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
55 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying Supplies in Kariba

Hi,

As it turns out we will be staying at Kariba Inns on the Zambian side and I was told the better place to shop for supplies would be in Kariba hence the question, but maybe there is something on the Zambian side that you may know of or am I best to stick with Kariba?

Thanks so much for your reply.

Sussex
Destination Expert
for Mana Pools National Park, Marco Island
Level Contributor
906 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying Supplies in Kariba

Ah, OK, scratch my suggestion then!

I am sure there will be somewhere to pick up the supplies you need in Kariba but I am afraid I do not know where to recommend,

Good luck with your trip.

Kariba, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying Supplies in Kariba

Hi I know this is a bit late but supplies can be bought from Crispy Fresh (really good meat!) or TM Supermarket located in the Nyamunga township in Kariba.

Reply to: Buying Supplies in Kariba
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kariba