We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kariba wedding

Great Yarmouth
1 post
Save Topic
Kariba wedding

My partner and I are looking at getting married in Kariba, staying somehwere near the Lake where all our guest will stay and the wedding will take place and then chatering a houseboat on Lake Kariba or two for a week after the wedding for everyone to continue the celebrations. However, I don't know much about the hotels/resorts/lodges in the area and which would provide the best wedding - can anyone advise of a gorgeous place to have the wedding? And then if anyone knows of a good charter company and can advise/recommend that would be great too.

Thanks in advance

3 replies to this topic
Sweden
Level Contributor
13 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kariba wedding

Hi.

The Carribbea Bay Resort is a very nice place that could be suitable for wedding plans. I´m sure they have the capacity to arrange something. Close to the hotel there are also plenty of houseboats to rent if you want to spend nights on the lake.

Kariba
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kariba wedding

Wer on housebotse got marries at Gache Lodge, across the lake. everyone came over the lake on houseboats and stayed on them for the night. We had a brilliant time...awesome venue. To me Carribea Bay is impersonal. There are much better places...Gache, Spurwing, Fothergill, Cutty Sark, Warthogs.

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
866 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kariba wedding

Hi Jem

We got married on Kariba, albeit 21 years ago now. Awesome wedding so pursue it... you will love it.

We got married on a small island not far from Kariba town called Sampa Karuma, we hired two houseboats which took all the guests out there, stayed overnight and then came back leisurely the next day. The ceremony was on a little sandy beach at sunset, couldn't have been better.

I agree with flatdog, caribbea bay a bit impersonal. I would get across to an island camp like Fothergill or Spurwing there are others depending on your budget. Musango lodge is top quality and then Bumi Hills would be the location of all locations.

Kariba town itself is not that great, but the hotels like Caribbea bay and Cutty sark are okay for your guests to overnight in, but the magic is on the lake.

These websites might help you in planning and looking for houseboats http://www.karibahouseboats.com/

http://www.wildzambezi.com/zimmap.cfm?Loc=1

All the best

Tony

Reply to: Kariba wedding
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kariba