We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sahara

Which Douz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dublin
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
sahara

hi can anyone help i am traveling to tunisia staying in a hotel in skanes on the 2nd - 9th oct 4 people in total. We would like to go to sahara desert, for about 2 or 3 days and to stay in the desert for one night would any one know the best way to go about this and how much would it cost ?? thanks liz

Wiltshire
Destination Expert
for Sousse, Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sahara

You can take the tour operator tour which I think is a two day affair. Or hire a 4x4 with a driver but thats expensive as you would have to pay for his acommdation too.

Edited: 2:31 am, July 28, 2010
dublin
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sahara

thanks for reply ,we did the tour operator from the hotel in hammanet late last october for two days it was grand. but this time we would like to to spend a night is the desert if possible as i belive there is hotels in the desert ??or maybe not? So do we have to go to monastir to find some one with a 4x4 or would you advise maybe we could ask the taxi drivers out side hotel whay do you think we hope to be staying in skanes elhana thanks liz

3. Re: sahara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 25, 2011