We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Insects in your room???

UK
Level Contributor
297 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Insects in your room???

Im so close to booking Desroches for christmas but one huge problem is stopping me from confirming the booking with my agent, i am terrified of spiders!!! i will completely freak out if i find them in my room (or lizards, cockroaches or those huge black ants!!) The rooms my agent has priced are two connecting beach suites (two adults two teens) i love the maldives but they are just so ridiculously priced over christmas, i love solitude, i love sitting quietly with a good book looking at an amazing view. My family love to snorkle, ride bikes and go exploring so the resort ticks so many boxes but my nagging doubt is the insect situation, being an eco friendly resort i dont suppose they spray the rooms do they? and being outside bathrooms in the beach suites i suppose every critter has access!!! please let me know what you think, in every other aspect it looks perfect!!

13 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
297 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Insects in your room???

Urrgh!! That sounds like a hideous experience!! I've actually booked now, so I am going to the Seychelles. My husband is already dreading the sound of me screaming every time I see a critter! He says he would have a quieter holiday in a lunatic assylum!!

Durban, South Africa
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Insects in your room???

Hi there, I went there in October and there were no insects in my room. I also hate them.

UK
Level Contributor
297 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Insects in your room???

We'll I'm glad you had no insects but we had to leave early and basically ruin our VERY expensive Christmas holiday as the place was infested!!! Even my children and my husband couldn't wait to get off the island, it was an absolute disaster!! On our last morning my husband went to make himself a coffee and he opened the drawer to get a spoon and it was crawling with huge cockroaches (just summed up the whole experience really!!!) I couldn't take my shoes off, not even in the shower as it was crawling in insects. There was a white net canopy over the bed and it was hanging down full of dead insects, I can't begin to describe how awful it all was, I felt like I was participating in I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here!!!!

Reply to: Insects in your room???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Desroches Island