We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry timing?

Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
ferry timing?

Hi, sorry for spamming this forum with seemingly simple questions lately :) We're heading to FI tomorrow (yay!). Question though--

We absolutely have to get back to NYC by taking the 5:34pm train from Sayville. I see there is a ferry from Cherry Grove that leaves at 5:00pm, and I understand the ferry takes about 20 minutes. If we catch that ferry and take the taxi from the terminal to the train station, is it pretty well assured that we would be able to catch that 5:34 train? Or is there a chance we could miss it? i.e. does the ferry sometimes leave a few minutes late from Cherry Grove, is there sometimes too much traffic from the terminal to the train station, etc?

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry timing?

That is a very tight connection and we would not recommend it. If the ferry leaves even a few minutes late you are liable to miss the train. In order to catch the 5:34 PM train, the minivan will need to cross the LIRR tracks by 5:32 PM.

CH

Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry timing?

Great, good to know. Thanks for all your helpful replies!

3. Re: ferry timing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, August 21, 2013