We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DC to East Hampton

Upper Marlboro...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
DC to East Hampton

Driving from Washington, DC to East Hampton.

What's the best route once in NY?

Freeport, New York
Destination Expert
for Long Island
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DC to East Hampton

Outerbridge crossing, across Staten Island, over the Verrazano, take the Belt to the Southern State to Sunrise Highway.

Upper Marlboro...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DC to East Hampton

Thank you!! I'll look this up.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,913 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DC to East Hampton

Actually, I'll disagree and say it really depends on when you're travelling. I've been held up for hours on that route. It makes the most sense when you look at a map, but at certain times/days, it may be more sense to go thru the Holland Tunnel, across lower Manhattan and across the Williamsburg or Brooklyn bridges to the Long Island Expresway.

4. Re: DC to East Hampton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about East Hampton