We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas season in East Hampton

Which East Hampton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
651 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas season in East Hampton

My husband and I like to visit different towns during the Christmas season to enjoy the decorations and seasonal activities. We have a 4 day WE 12/5-12/8 and I was considering East Hampton. We have been in the summer and fall and loved it. Any thoughts? Will the town be decorated by then? Are there any annual activities- Christmas fairs, Christmas carolling, music programs etc. Also is it business as usual for the restaurants, local businesses, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
202 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas season in East Hampton

For a more festive time on Long Island, head to Port Jefferson instead. Every year, usually the first weekend in December, they hold the annual Dickens Festival. Volunteers dress in period clothing and carol in the streets. Each church and the chamber of commerce all hold Christmas carol concerts throughout the day. It's a great time. On Saturday, December 5th, East Hampton has the Santa Parade. It is decorated for the holidays but it is business as usual.

2. Re: Christmas season in East Hampton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 25, 2010
Get answers to your questions about East Hampton