We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental for two East Hampton

England
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Rental for two East Hampton

My partner and I are planning a trip from England to NYC and the Hamptons next September. We plan to hire a car and drive from NYC. We are looking to rent a place in East Hampton but most places seem to be for four or more people. We don't want to spend money for extra space that we don't need. Although we will have the car, we would like somewhere within walking distance of the beach and restaurants. Perhaps it would be more economical to stay at a B & B although we would really prefer to be totally independent.

Can anybody suggest somewhere reasonable. Location is more important to us than facilities as it will only be a base.

Thanks.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,453 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental for two East Hampton

When in Sept. are you coming and for how long? I ask b/c the length of your stay will affect your options and when in Sept. will affect availability and pricing.

There are some b &b's and inns that rent separate cottages that would give you the feeling of renting a house. The Enclave Inn in Wainscott is one such option. East Hampton Point is another and Gansett Green Manor in Amagansett is yet another. Wainscott is more centrally located than the others but probably not as nice. Btw, it's not really possible to be within walking distance of both beach and restaurants--it's usually either one or the other.

I'm curious to hear what sort of prices you saw for houses b/c I think you may find it's still cheaper to rent a house that's bigger than you need than to rent a cottage or room/suite at a b & b.

Depending on how long you plan to stay, it might be possible to find a guest cottage in a private home that would rent out. The Chamber of Commerce for Southampton and perhaps the one for East Hampton gets listing for those. You can also check the classified ads in the local newspapers (or for that matter run your own ad).

England
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental for two East Hampton

Thanks for the info, I will check out the places you mention. We would be hoping to visit early September. It's a shame that it's not possible to be within walking distance of both restaurants and beach but I guess it's more important to be near the restaurants so we can both enjoy a glass of wine or so.

3. Re: Rental for two East Hampton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, September 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about East Hampton
Recent Conversations