We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kid friendly restaurants

NY
2 posts
Save Topic
kid friendly restaurants

Can anyone reccomend any kid friendly restaurants around East Hampton our further out?

East Hampton, NY
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: kid friendly restaurants

what is your price range? fancy or non fancy?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,353 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kid friendly restaurants

In East Hampton village, Sam's is an Italian on Newtown Lane for pizza, pasta etc. A bit further down Newtown Lane is Babette's for breakfast, lunch or casual dinner.

Rowdy Hall is tucked in an alcove off Main St. for burgers and other American fare near the movie theater.

http://www.rowdyhall.com/

Just west of the village on 27 towards Wainscott, Nichol's has indoor and outdoor tables and varied American/seafood menu.

In the other direction, towards Amagansett east of EH village, Turtle Crossing has ribs, chicken etc.

www.turtlecrossing.com/fact_sheet_2.htm

In Amagansett, Estia is diner food and very good Mexican good for breakfast or lunch with kids. They have live jazz on weekends in the evening so maybe early dinner would work.

East Hampton, NY
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: kid friendly restaurants

Well i wouldn't call Estia diner food. Not at all. But Sams is a good chioce, as is Nichols... particularly Nichols (burgers, quesidillas, salads, sliders, etc).

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,353 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kid friendly restaurants

I won't get into a debate with you about what's a diner and what's not. They call themselves a Mexican diner.

http://www.estiacantina.com/menu.php

East Hampton, NY
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: kid friendly restaurants

I'm not asking you to. I'm simply stating my opinion that i don't think it's diner food. My friend is the manager and neither would he. When you say diner... people think of the real diner, which this is not.

That's all. No need to get offended.

new york
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: kid friendly restaurants

I saw Nichols listed here. Unless you consider a dark dirty bar with clueless service, inestimable waits and awful food "kid friendly" i would AVOID

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,353 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kid friendly restaurants

Estia in Amagansett is now closed. I agree the service at Nichol's has become appalling. Turtle Crossing just east of East Hampton is another kid friendly place (ribs, chicken, Mexican) with outdoor tables.

8. Re: kid friendly restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, October 04, 2009