We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Cooperstown
Search

Museum Information

Yardley...
Level Contributor
221 posts
1 review
Museum Information
Save

Hi all, is the musuem doable in one day? What other attractions would you suggest? Thanks for your help.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
54 posts
17 reviews
51 helpful votes
1. Re: Museum Information
Save

I'm guessing you mean the Baseball Hall of Fame (there are other, obviously much less famous museums as well)?

You can absolutely do the Museum in one day. And you'll only be in there an entire day if you are a huge baseball fan. A casual fan can easily breeze through it in a couple of hours. It's actually not terribly large.

Personally, I've never done anything in Cooperstown besides the HOF. The town is very small (population < 2000) and most of the shops are geared towards HOF tourists.

Yardley...
Level Contributor
221 posts
1 review
2. Re: Museum Information
Save

Yes, I did mean the HOF...thanks for the response.

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
13,884 posts
210 reviews
97 helpful votes
3. Re: Museum Information
Save

The Farmers Museum and Fenimore Art Museum are other worthwhile destinations in Cooperstown worth checking out. The Farmers Museum is especially fun for kids and the Fenimore has a great Indian collection.

You can buy a combined ticket to visit more than one of the museums at a reduced rate.

4. Re: Museum Information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, March 23, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Cooperstown