We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metro North to Poughkeepsie then to Cooperstown in rental

Lenexa, KS
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Metro North to Poughkeepsie then to Cooperstown in rental

My eleven year old son and myself are travelling to Cooperstown this summer to see my 12 year old son (traveling with team) play in a tournament (7/9-7/15) at Cooperstown Dream Park.

We are flying into LaGuardia. I have a plan and just want someone to confirm it for reasonableness...

Shuttle from Laguardia to Grand Central,

Grand Central to Poughkeepsie on Metro North Train, Poughkeepsie to Cooperstown (appr 2 hr drive?) in rental car

Thoughts?

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
145 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Metro North to Poughkeepsie then to Cooperstown in rental

Are you flying into NYC for the experience? A better flight rate? Sounds like a lot of "planes, trains and automobiles" Have you considered flying into Albany and or Syracuse and renting a car and then driving in. this way you take all of the transfers and trains in NYC saving time and possibly money.

Your plan is obtainable though.

Lenexa, KS
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Metro North to Poughkeepsie then to Cooperstown in rental

It was simply economics and a chance to experience a brief glimpse of NYC plus the train which is not something to experience here in Kansas City. I'm glad that you think the trip is realistic.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Metro North to Poughkeepsie then to Cooperstown in rental

We live in NYC and whenever we go to Cooperstown, that's what we do.

As a bonus, you can drive back into LaGuardia and return the car there.

4. Re: Metro North to Poughkeepsie then to Cooperstown in rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, October 04, 2012