We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hall Of Fame Ceremony

Which Cooperstown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore
2 posts
Save Topic
Hall Of Fame Ceremony

Ha, we are thinking about setting up around 5:00 am the day of the ceremony with a blanket and a cooler with beer, does anyone know if there are any laws against this?

Arkansas
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hall Of Fame Ceremony

Are you talking about the youth baseball hall of fame? If so I'm sure it's not allowed and I can't believe you would want to do that. There is a time and place for drinking. Youth baseball is NOT one of them!

Arkansas
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hall Of Fame Ceremony

LOL The more I think about it you can't mean what I thought you meant! LOL I don't know the rules for the Majors Hall of Fame. Sounds like fun though!

Cooperstown NY
Level Contributor
165 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hall Of Fame Ceremony

I'm not sure about the time but dawn sounds about right.

We've never been hassled in the last 15 years about drinking beer

but its going to be a long day. Drink plenty of water too and eat something.

The local HS sells everthing from hotdogs, soda, ice cream, water,

etc. which goes towards a class trip.

They expect 40-60 thousand people.

Enjoy!

Baltimore
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hall Of Fame Ceremony

Yeah we will definitely throw some water in there too, thanks.

New York
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hall Of Fame Ceremony

Not sure what time they will "open" the field this year. With the big crowd expected, they probably will allow people to start staking out their spots quite early. Of course with how big the stage is nowadays, nobody can get too close to the stage. Fortunately they have a huge screen setup and there is no problem hearing the speeches from wherever you you.

6. Re: Hall Of Fame Ceremony

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, September 03, 2009