We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Storm King from Cold Spring without a car

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Storm King from Cold Spring without a car

I have heard so much about Cold Spring that I'd really like to take a weekend trip there by train, but I'd also like to see the Storm King Arts Centre while I'm there.

Problem is I've called Storm King and the Cold Spring tourism centre and no one can tell me of an easy way to get from one to the other without a car.

The best option I can see would be to take a taxi from Storm King via Newburgh and Beacon to Cold Spring, which Google maps estimates is a 30 minute drive.

Anyone know if this is even possible, and what that might cost? Or if there are any other options?

(I have to say as a tourist without a car, I continually run up against these sorts of problems in America...!!)

1 reply
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
616 posts
974 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Storm King from Cold Spring without a car

Wow... I live in Cold Spring and short of a taxi from here or the Beacon train station, I would not know how to get to Storm King. You can get to Cold Spring easily on Metro North, then get to Beacon on it, and get a taxi right at the station without prior arrangements. You may also want to visit Dia Beacon.

Storm King is very off the beaten path regardless of your starting point, but is a wonderful place to spend the better part of a day. Its quite a treasure actually.

There is a taxi service here in Cold Spring- call them for an estimate. Won't be cheap but can't hurt. 845 265-8294.

Reply to: Getting to Storm King from Cold Spring without a car
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cold Spring
More Cold Spring Topics