We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Tressa"

Which Chautauqua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Silver Creek, New...
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
"Tressa"

Hi, Tressa:

If you are reading this, that means you have found your way over from the Pittsburgh forum......good job!!

Well, I am assuming you are arriving on Friday and departing on Sunday which will leave you one day to poke about somewhat.

The Mayville-Chautauqua area is nice and as I mentioned on the other forum, I particularly like the "Panama Rocks".

Please ask any questions as you think of them.....

Jan : - )

Texas
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: "Tressa"

How far are the panama rocks from where were staying in silver creek?Yes were arriving on friday and leaving on sunday,but i thought we could do some things before we check in and after we check out,since it will only take us 2 hrs to get back home,there's no big hurry,since checkin is at 2 on friday we can check in and get going on to sightseeing,and when we leave at 11 on sunday we got a good 3-4 hrs to see more stuff lol...Again thank you so much for everything...

Texas
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: "Tressa"

Man i'm full of questions today lol...Can you tell me what local area's are close to silver creek like the chautauqua state park,bemus point,jamestown,I'm finding different things in those area's but dont know if there to far from silver creek or not.Anything w/ in 30-45 min. is a good distance,and if it's further we can catch it before or after we leave our trip as well.Again thanks a bunch..Tressa

Silver Creek, New...
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Tressa"

Hi, Tressa:

You should be able to reach Panama Rocks in about an hour and the Jamestown area in 45 mins. from Mrs. Crino's B&B on York Road.

If you end up at Bemus Point on Chautauqua Lake, check out the Italian Fisherman restaurant......they have an "American Idol" type competition going on, but I don't know what night or how it is handled. I know they have good food at reasonable prices. They have website:

www.italianfisherman.com

Hopefully, you will get some input from other locals in the Chautauqua area while on this forum.

In Westfield, there is a sort of co-op place called the Cross Roads Market, if you enjoy shopping for unusual things:

www.thecrossroadsmarket.com

I am not sure where you mean when you say "chautauqua state park". I am not familiar with that.

I am in the process of planning a little road trip to Vermont...and you are right: it is exciting to see and do new things.

Good luck with all and please ask any questions as they occur to you.

Jan : - )

Austin
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Tressa"

You can't think about visiting Chautauqua without visiting the Instituiton. It is as close to Utopia as I have ever gotten. In my teens and twenties I went for the summer on art scholarships and painted and worked. Now that I'm in my forties, I try to get back as often as I can. The lectures and concerts feed your mind and soul, the lake feeds your body. Just go...

5. Re: "Tressa"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, August 13, 2009