We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From JFK airport to Canandaigua

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
From JFK airport to Canandaigua

Driving from car hire pick-up at JFK to Canandaigua in August.

Can you recommend a couple of places to stop for lunch or a short break on the journey?

Mentioned in this post
Canandaigua
Canandaigua
Finger Lakes, NY
Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
417 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From JFK airport to Canandaigua

I'm guessing that you'll be on the Thruway (rte 90). Not sure that there's much really close to that. What are you looking for: a restaurant that's better than thruway-stop food? Something to do?

Lynn in Rochester, NY

Mentioned in this post
Rochester
Rochester
Finger Lakes, NY
Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From JFK airport to Canandaigua

I'd like somewhere to stop for lunch, nice food - not too expensive and not far off the road, maybe about a third to half the way, and a stop just for something nice to do or see about 2/3 or 3/4 the way there.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,311 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From JFK airport to Canandaigua

If you are traveling on the New York State Thru way there will be rest stops every 30 to 40 miles with places to eat, gas stations and gift shops and you don't have to exit off the thru way and worry about getting lost or wasting time.

All the food is fast food, nothing special but quick.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
123 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From JFK airport to Canandaigua

If you haven't left yet (which is probably unlikely) I would take Route 17/86 - the Southern Tier Expressway to Canandaigua. You could stop at Brotherhood winery in Orange county (only about 2 hours into journey) or in Corning at the Glass Museum, cute town, too. Or you could drive up through Penn Yan, great little restaurants and wineries there, too. You do know it is a 6.5 hour drive, I hope?

Mentioned in this post
Canandaigua
Canandaigua
Finger Lakes, NY
Corning
Corning
Finger Lakes, NY
5. Re: From JFK airport to Canandaigua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 11, 2011