We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions from an out-of-towner

San Diego
2 posts
Save Topic
Questions from an out-of-towner

I'm coming down for the Yankees/Twins game tonight. I have a couple of questions:

1) Is there a sports bar or something nearby the stadium, or a particular area where a guy can get some good tix from a scalper? I'm willing to pay-I've seen what they go for online.

2) My grandfather is coming down, but doesn't want to go to the game. What can he do nearby while I'm at the game?

Level Contributor
62 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions from an out-of-towner

There's a Bar / Bowling alley across the street from the Stadium. It was once called Stadium Lanes/ then Ball Park Lanes. 801 River Avenue - 718/665-5800. The Stadium itself is located at 161 Street & River Avenue.

Not much else nearby the Stadium- it's not the greatest neighborhood. Once there was a movie theatre nearby- the Earl. The Bronx Courthouse is nearby.

Oh, there's a nice Spanish Restaurant- Molino Rojo, 101 E 161 Street & Walton Avenue- two blocks from the Stadium.

If your grandfather is able- he can take the # 4 Train into Manhattan and go to 86th Street & Lex, and go to a movie theatre, have dinner, or grab some hotdogs and Grays Papaya Juice, then go back and meet you at 161 Street Station in the Bronx.

2. Re: Questions from an out-of-towner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 19, 2009