We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelorette party weekend in NYC June 2011

Washington DC...
2 posts
Save Topic
Bachelorette party weekend in NYC June 2011

I am planning a bachelorette party weekend for a girlfriend next month. I've read many of the other bachelorette related posts on here and am looking for some additional recommendations.

We will be a group of 10 professional women in our early to late 30s. I'm looking for some suggestions on hotels, restaurants, and clubs. We want to do things that are unique and not your typical bachelorette party activities. The bride-to-be is really creative and artsy.

- For hotels: We want to stay in Manhattan and are on a budget.

- For restaurants: I'm looking for really good food that you can't easily find elsewhere.

- For clubs: Looking for something with great music and dancing that isn't cheesy.

Any suggestions would be welcome! Thanks.

Almond
$$ - $$$, American, French, Mediterranean
Bobby Van's
$$ - $$$, American, Bar, Contemporary
Topping Rose  House
$$$$, Contemporary, Fusion, Gastropub
3 replies to this topic
NYC
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachelorette party weekend in NYC June 2011

You'll probably get far better responses if you post on the NYC forum, but as far as "not your typical fare" restaurants, check out:

Kittichai

Spice Market

Momofuku

WD-50

Mentioned in this post
Washington DC...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bachelorette party weekend in NYC June 2011

Yes, this was my first time posting to a forum and I later realized I had posted in the wrong place. Thanks a lot for the restaurant suggestions!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,619 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bachelorette party weekend in NYC June 2011

For 10 people on a budget, June is not a good time to visit NYC. Hotel prices fluctuate by date/season and June is filled with weddings and graduations that fill hotels. Unless you consider staying just outside of Manhattan say in Long Island City in Queens, you will get sticker shock. This is late to be planning this. The Verve in Long Island City might be an option. If you want to be in Manhattan, you can look at the

affinia.com

suite hotels where you may be able to save some $$$ by putting a lot of pepole together in a larger suite. If you're coming by train, the Affinia Manhattan is across from Penn station and has some 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suites that will sleep 8.

The more exotic the food (ie Turkish, Morroccan etc.) the less likely you'll find it elsewhere but it may not appeal to everyone. But these ethnic places can also be good fun with a group and not as expensive as other options. Pasha is a good Turkish place with nice decor. Look on

menupages.com

for more ideas.

Mentioned in this post
Queens
Queens
New York
Reply to: Bachelorette party weekend in NYC June 2011
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bridgehampton