We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it safe to camp in africa

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
is it safe to camp in africa

i looking at spending a month in africa and i thinking about doing the camping safaris so i can keep the cost down, so i can do more safaris else where in africa. also any advice on a couple of good safaris from uganda,kenya,tanzania??

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,099 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is it safe to camp in africa

The cheapest might be an overland truck trip. EG Vic Falls to Cape Town. Or join a tour around Kruger.

Unless you do it all yourself, it may not be cheap. It is usually safe, but you can't normally just rock up and pitch your tent.

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Maun, Botswana
Level Contributor
77 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is it safe to camp in africa

It is safe to camp in Botswana... just make sure you have a planned itinerary, and give this to friends/family or use an agent who follows you around and gets you the best routing/itinerary/guides etc... dont walk around barefoot, or at night and you will be fine :) enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
3. Re: is it safe to camp in africa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 15, 2013