We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stanleys Camp and Vumbura Plains Lodge? Anyone Been?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Stanleys Camp and Vumbura Plains Lodge? Anyone Been?

Hi there,

Trying to finalize our itinerary in Botswana and am trying to decide between Stanleys and Vumbura...we only have two nights to spend at one of these camps...has anyone been to either? This is for our honeymoon and we'd like something a bit more private, rustic but with all the creature comforts...

Any help much appreciated!

Dana

Maun, Botswana
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Stanleys Camp and Vumbura Plains Lodge? Anyone Been?

As far as I've heard they are both great, but Stanleys offers elephant interaction which I believe is awesome!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stanleys Camp and Vumbura Plains Lodge? Anyone Been?

Thanks! We've settled on Stanley's and are getting ready to book. I've been fascinated with the African elephant and its plights since I was a child...I can't wait to interact with them...thanks for your help. Do you know what the tents are like at Stanleys (has anyone been)? I understand there is luggage weight restrictions due to light air transfers between areas in Africa - - does anyone know what the guidelines are?

Maun, Botswana
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stanleys Camp and Vumbura Plains Lodge? Anyone Been?

Hi Dana,

You will be amazed with the tents at Stanley's! They are very luxurious, are all en-suite and beautifully furnished. It will not seem like you are staying in a tent at all. The luggage for the light air transfers is restricted to 12 kg's and this includes all cameras and carry on bags. Also remember to only use soft hold all type bags as they are easier to load into the pod of the aircraft. It has been known for hard cumbersome bags to be left behind! Have a lovely time, take lots of tissues with you when you visit the elephants, and I would like to hear how you enjoyed it when you get back.