We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothing for mid-Sept

Charlotte NC
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Clothing for mid-Sept

We'll be visiting Chobe Park Sept.16-17 staying at the lodge and doing a couple game drives and river cruises. What kind of clothing, color and weight, would be recommended? Will DEET repellent be needed or will a less potent one suffice?

Bradenton fl
Level Contributor
74 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothing for mid-Sept

I am not the met experienced safari traveler bt have been three times. The camps usually provide bug repellent at the lodge as well as in the vehicle-

As far as clothing-it still may be a bit chilly in the morning but pretty warm during the day. It has been suggested to dress in layers-light colors but not white. I have worn tank tops with a columbia type shirt on top and a fleece or waterproof jacket that works as a windbreaker as well as protection should it drizzle-not that should be too much of a concern mid September.

DOn't forget a hat- a cap if nothing else just incase the jeep is not v=covered or for walks. I had bought hiking boot -that have not been necessary so far- hiking sneakers worked fine. bring a swimsuit too there are usually pools at the camps. What else can I think of? i think that covers it. Let me know if that doesn't answer your questions. Also you can look back at some posts the topic of clothing I am sure has been covered by someone more knowledgeable than me

2. Re: Clothing for mid-Sept

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, July 24, 2013