We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip from victoria falls

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
day trip from victoria falls

Hi

I'll be in Sep. 2010 in Victoria falls, and wonder if it worth to go to those day trips to Chobe? Has anyone an experience or suggestion? Thanks

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
169 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip from victoria falls

If you are not going on any other safari, than yes, it is worthwhile going to Chobe for a day. The trip is about 1 1/2 hours by car from Vic Falls to Kasane. I suggest arranging your trip before hand to avoid wasting time. Contact Boo Peel at info@victoriafalls-guide.net. She will be able to arrange everything for you. She did a great job with my family in August arranging transportation and lots of activities in the Vic Falls area.

Belgium
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip from victoria falls

Hi,

September 2010 we're also staying in Livingstone.

Did you already fix a tour to Chobe and which company did you choose?

Kind Regards

David

South Africa
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip from victoria falls

Hi there,

A day-trip to Chobe National Park is definitely worth the money. The park is really beautiful and you have the opportunity to see plenty of game. If you can, I would even try to do one of their boat cruises. They are either first thing in the morning or at 3pm in the evening - just check with the company you are travelling with when the border to Zambia closes. The sunset cruise is really worth it, some great photo opportunities as the game comes down to the edge of the river to drink.

This website here seems to offer all sorts of daytrips: www.victoriafalls.biz

Katja

USA
Level Contributor
703 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip from victoria falls

A day trip is so worth it that I would not do a day trip. ???? Instead I'd stay overnight in Chobe if possible to be able to take advantage of the activities suggested. Especially in Sept.

5. Re: day trip from victoria falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, October 19, 2010