We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chobe in December/ January

South Africa
3 posts
Save Topic
Chobe in December/ January

We will be camping at the Chobe NP and Savute campsites during late December to early January. Are the roads in the park accessible during this time of year and what are the driving and camping conditions like when the rains come.

Dar es Salaam...
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chobe in December/ January

Ooi, Havent done it and from what I heard from the guys comming out in Maun aafter crossing there is mud like you havent seen. Almost everyone told me to stay away unless you like mud baths. Thats the Savuti - Maun part. The Kasane end of Chobe is cool and I've been there the previous December and will be there this year to see in the new year. The roads not an issue, of course with plenty of water but should be no dramas getting through. The animals get away from the water front of the Chobe river at this time of the year but the park is beautiful and hopefully the cats will be there whcih is why we are going in December.

2. Re: Chobe in December/ January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, September 13, 2009