We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog Kennel

Lancaster...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dog Kennel

I need to know if there is a dog kennel in Whites City as we will be visiting the area in the near future to tour Carlsbad Caverns. If so, we will plan to stay 2 nights in Whites City.

4 replies to this topic
Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for Albuquerque, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog Kennel

There isn't much to Whites City. It's an iffy place to stay.

I once heard that the CC Nat'l Park concessionaire has on-site kennel in air conditioned room for about $4

Here's a link:

www.nps.gov/cave/planyourvisit/pets.htm

But see this discussion:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60761-i1369-k3805…

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog Kennel

Please do not even think of staying in White's City. The Holiday-Inn Express is about the best rated hotel in Carlsbad. You would have to check if they accept pets, but most do anymore.

The "kennel" at Carlsbad Caverns National Park consists of varied sized animal crates, in a protected area. At least the last time I checked...always a caveat. :-)

Edited: 12:01 am, September 22, 2011
Mentioned in this post
Carlsbad
Carlsbad
New Mexico
Aurora, Illinois
Destination Expert
for New Mexico, Santa Fe, Albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,599 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog Kennel

I drove through Whites City on my visit to Carlsbad this summer...I can't think of a more depressing place to stay...

Keith

Mentioned in this post
Carlsbad
Carlsbad
New Mexico
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,846 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog Kennel

I too would not stay in White's City. We were last there 9 years ago and the rooms were really bad then. The kennel at Carlsbad is adequate, but you have to take care of your pets. Check Bark N Buddies Place in Carlsbad. Reviews: http://tinyurl.com/3zdbr6d

Stay in Carlsbad, there are a number of new hotels...HI Express, Hampton Inn and Suites, Trinity Hotel, Fairfield Inn and Suites. Also much better dining options including Trinity Hotel, Roja's Mexican, No Whiner Diner, Church Street Grill, Pecos River Cafe, Danny's Place BBQ, Red Chimney Pit BBQ. Also many chains Chilis, Subway, Sonic,

Mentioned in this post
Carlsbad
Carlsbad
New Mexico
Reply to: Dog Kennel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Whites City
Recent Conversations