We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which shark diving company to choose for cage diving?

Which Gansbaai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
salsameisje
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Topic
Which shark diving company to choose for cage diving?

Hello,

I''ve read so many stories about different companies who offer cage dive experiences in Gansbaai.

Who can tell me what is the best company to go with (relyable (will nog cancel if there are not enough people on the boat). The most chances to see sharks while you're down. The most time down and multiple dives, etc.

So who can advice me.

Thank you!

kent
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which shark diving company to choose for cage diving?

We went with whitesharkprojects.co.za and we had a fab time!!! In the time we where out on the boat we saw 6 great white and they where BIG. The skipper was good and he was full of info and they had a few students from the university on the boat the boat had a good crowed onboard and we felt safe at all times. I must admit be careful how they sell the packages to you

even if you go onto the boat and not into the cage you still pay the same money!!!! so when they say you can take a guest , that

guest has to pay the same amount as you! We have some awesome shots of the sharks from the boat and from the cage real action ones

so don't forget your under water camera

Have fun :)

Leeds
Level Contributor
2 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which shark diving company to choose for cage diving?

Pick one of the companies on the Gansbaai Tourism Bureau website (http://www.gansbaaiinfo.com/. DO NOT under any circumstances book with Unreal Dive Expeditions....... see reviews.

Gansbaai, South...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which shark diving company to choose for cage diving?

You should not have your trip cancelled because of lack of people. This has not happened in a long time in the industry and especially now with this activity being so well known and popular. If you book with Sharkbookings.com and your trip is cancelled the day before by your preferred operator then they will try all of the boats for you to see if anyone else is going out. This way you have the best guarantee of getting out any day. There are a couple of boats that cancel for bad weather quickly and other boats that can go out in larger seas so if your chosen boat cancels then all may not be lost. Sharkbookings will be informed or you can contact them and they will try all of the alternatives to get you out on a boat. When booking also if in the summer months (low season) make sure that you check if you will receive a voucher if you do not see a Great White Shark. Most of the companies offer vouchers for a free trip but not all so make sure you check this and also allow for a few days after your booked trip to go again if you were unlucky! Fortunately we do not get many days like this and in 2010 we only had 4 days when we did not see a shark on a trip

Edited: 7:00 am, December 03, 2010
Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which shark diving company to choose for cage diving?

If you haven't made you decision yet well here's something to help you.

I know there are a lot of places and companies that offers these excursions but the White Shark Cage Dive Company http://www.sharkcagedive.com I went with was great, personally I think there boat was the best looking. When we arrived the morning we were told to relax and to go and have some breakfast, juice, coffee at their Bistro (which was free since it's included in the price). Them we were briefed on safety of the whole trip. We had some snacks on the boat as well and when we came back delicious light lunch. Anyway, I know it's not all about the food, it's the experience, and what a experience it was. Everyone had about 2 to 3 turns to get in the cage, the cage take up to 6 people and depending on the shark activity, you can go down as many time as you want (everytime a shark passes you can go down) and you can stay under as long as you can hold you breath.

So if you want to do shark cage diving in Gansbaai, I will recommend this company. www.sharkcagedive.com

Gansbaai, South...
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which shark diving company to choose for cage diving?

Thanks for your input. Yes they are an excellent company and offer a superb experience at sea. If you book with them through www.sharkbookings.com (The Central Shark Diving bookings office) then you will get the same experience with the White Shark Ddiving Company for the same money and should their boat cancel due to poor weather and you still want to go out then the sharkbookings team will move you to a bigger boat at your discretion. They have access to all of the boats so will ensure that you get out for that experience you always dreamed about without having the disappointment of missing the trip due to bad weather.

6. Re: Which shark diving company to choose for cage diving?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, June 19, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Gansbaai