We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 days in Taos, what shall we do?

Which Taos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Utah
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
6 days in Taos, what shall we do?

If anyone would elaborate on what my boyfriend and I may do for 6 days in Taos, area? I am hoping it will be in the mid 60's, romantic enough that MAYBE he will propose????

We are staying at Casa Benavides B&B, any more suggestions?

Thanks,

Maybe Mrs. H??

Taos, New Mexico
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 days in Taos, what shall we do?

When in Taos eat well....

My favorites are Doc Martins Restaurant located in The Historic taos Inn (jsut down the road from where you are staying) and Josephs Table as well as Lamberts. Good Food and great wines!

As far as activity, There is great fly fishing, hiking, ballooning and museums. Check out Millicent Rogers and the Harwood museums. Taos Pueblo is always great. Shop on the plaza and check out the art. A drive around the enchanted circle is fun going through Angel Fire, Eagles Nest and Red River. Cute Little towns.

Good Luck on the Engagement and have fun.

Ardmore, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
171 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 days in Taos, what shall we do?

Take the "High Road" through the countryside to Chimayo and spend some time at the Santuario there. (There's a nice Mexican restaurant there but I can't remember it's name...) Stop along the way at some amazing churches and nice little communities. Drive back from Espanola on the River Road - try to time this about sunset. The view of Taos from the south as the sun starts to set is spectacular.

You don't say when you're going but if the Santa Fe Opera is going it is a lot of fun - and I'm not a big opera fan. You could take a nice picnic supper and tailgate beforehand.

Utah
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 days in Taos, what shall we do?

Thank you both for responding to my request. We were in Alburquerque, Taos New Mexico on April 9th through the 15th. We visited many amny areas throughout the state. Here are some of the highlights: Visited Bandelair Monument, Ojo Caliente, Tres Piedras, Rio Grand Gorge, Carson National Parks, Taos Ski Valley, Santa Fe Plaza, Sadie's for lunch (great salsa), ate at Doc Martin's for dinner (get teh early bird special, you save at least $10.00). Taos Gallery's throughout the town and also don't miss eating at Gudalajara Grill (north side of Taos),excellent authenic mexican food and Marriachi Trio as well!