We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non-ski activities

Atlanta
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Non-ski activities

My family is going to Taos the first week of April.....any ideas for things to do if you don't ski? It looks like galleries and margaritas, but surely there are other cool things to see and do! Horse riding is closed until may, which is a huge bummer. I have tween and teen kids, and they may not make skiing every day, and I am not a skier.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Taos, New Mexico
Level Contributor
644 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non-ski activities

Horse riding isn't necessarily out. When you arrive, ask your Innkeeper for the phone number to the local guide on the Pueblo -- just in case.

Hiking the Wild Rivers Recreation Area can be incredible. Hiking the Devisadero Loop just outside town is nice. Most places in town carry a copy of the book Day Hikes in the Taos Area. There are numerous choices.

Consider renting some snow shoes and hiking the Williams Lake Trail. Some guests/friends of ours just did that trail earlier this week and rated it as one of the their "Top 3" all-time. That says a lot coming from folks who have hiked and snow-shoe'd all over the planet.

Call a River outfitter to see if they're doing anything yet. It's possible that these warm days might have added some snow melt to the River.

The Llama Trek is worth inquiring about.

2. Re: Non-ski activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:40 am, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Taos
Recent Conversations