We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cottonwood Inn vs. Taos Country Inn

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
57 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Cottonwood Inn vs. Taos Country Inn

Hi! Anyone have any experience with these two? I love them both and cant decide. Someone local may have some insight that I dont have by just looking at a website. Thanks, if any reply!

Taos, New Mexico
Level Contributor
644 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cottonwood Inn vs. Taos Country Inn

Being in the industry, we can't take sides. Reviews on TA are a great place to start and the websites themselves are often another really good measure of who's paying attention to customer service, modern amenities, trends in food, and other things that may be important.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
57 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cottonwood Inn vs. Taos Country Inn

This is very true, and I understand this and dont want anyone to take sides. Reviews are a wonderful way to glean information about places to stay, and I study them almost to compulsion. Same for websites. I am not naive enough to believe everything I read in a review (toss the best and the worst and take the rest with a grain of salt). Being a former hotel industry employee myself, I also know that you can "buy" a great website, as well. So in light of being 1000 miles away from a place I am considering for a stay, I thought maybe someone local or someone who has stayed at one of these places may write something, a "tipping point" if you will, to make me say "ahha--thats the place for me". I appreciate any and all information I get from these forums. Thanks to all.

Taos, New Mexico
Level Contributor
644 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cottonwood Inn vs. Taos Country Inn

Since no one else chimed in, maybe this would be a great time to reply back to let us know who you picked and why. That's a fair re-post at the very least. Your comments are definitely being read, just nobody who would come back.

How true you are that we all must read between the lines of TA reviews. It's also true, however, that between the verification process TA uses and the volume of reviews posted, that very few top-ranked businesses can achieve that ranking falsely. Since both remain active in our local B&B association, my suspicion is that both choices would have been perfect for making lots of fond memories.

Although a business may be able to "buy" a website, remember TA exists in part to point out when a website and a property don't match up with expectations. It's one of the remarkable things these pages offer. But a BAD website is a clear indication of other things and we all know where that road leads.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
57 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cottonwood Inn vs. Taos Country Inn

I will be glad to tell you what I chose and the reasons for it. They both seemed perfect for our needs, but since I had to make a choice, I chose Cottonwood Inn. My reasons for this are that they have animals around (dogs and chickens), and the room I chose has an outdoor private hot tub on the deck. There are so many awesome places to stay, and things to do in NM that we will just have to make many more trips to enjoy all that your beautiful state has to offer.

Taos, New Mexico
Level Contributor
644 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cottonwood Inn vs. Taos Country Inn

Thanks!

6. Re: Cottonwood Inn vs. Taos Country Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 02, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Taos