We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski Rental at Taos

Louisiana
6 posts
Save Topic
Ski Rental at Taos

We're steadily making arrangements for our ski trip in February. I was able to get a super package for lodging (Powderhorn), air & 4 wheel drive car rental through Southern Rockies. Priced much less than if purchased a la cart.

However, we did not get ski rental package since I've found over the years that the extra expense of renting demo or premium equipment is well worth the extra money. At least thats what my legs and feet tell me at the end of the day!

Need some advice on where to rent ski equipment. Appears that premium rental equipment costs about $10 more a day in Taos. From my "internet investigation" it looks like Taos Ski & Boot Co, Boot Doctors and Cottams could be likely choices.

To the Taos experts, where is the best place to rent ski equipment and get a good fit along with good equipment.

Thanks!

Taos, NM
Level Contributor
265 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski Rental at Taos

I do not ski, but I understand that Boot Doctors is the place to go for demo skis and a great fit.

Let us know what you find out!

Louisiana
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski Rental at Taos

Thanks! We'll try them out and let you know.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
6 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ski Rental at Taos

We are going next month for spring blreak.

My son snow bording my daugther sky, my husband and I we dond t sky.

I would like have good details about restaurant, activities, sky rentals , if you can write me Ill appreciate a lot

Ale

Taos, NM
Level Contributor
265 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ski Rental at Taos

Take a look at all of the Tripadvisor sections on Taos about things to do, restaurants, etc. They are all pretty up to date.

If you have any specifis questions, just holler.

Have fun!!

SYV
Llano, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ski Rental at Taos

We just returned from a 3 day ski trip and our family rented our equipment from Cottams on the slopes. All our equipment was the best we've ever had; we rented the performance and demo packages. All the employees are really friendly and if you have reservations you get the express treatment! They store your skis overnight and have lockers to leave your boots in (well worth the 75 cents). Highly recommend!

Louisiana
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ski Rental at Taos

Happy to make the following observations having just returned from ski trip:

Ski rental: Cottums is the place to rent. Excellent attention to getting correct fit & excellent equipment. DO NOT rent equipment from Taos Ski Rental next to ticket office. No personal attention or effort to fit properly. Equipment is pretty beat up. Boot Doctor is great place to purchase ski boots.

Parking at your lodging is not for certain. We stayed at the Powderhorn and had to park in a far away parking lot. Be sure to check on where your lodging has it's parking before you book.

We will stay in a ski in and out next time. With the exception of a few lodges, walking to the lifts from lodges can be a hassle. Ditto on places to store things during the day. And the ski school......a long walk from everything else.

Restaurants: Tim's for lunch or St Bernard deck if sunny. At night a drive into town.

7. Re: Ski Rental at Taos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, September 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Taos
Recent Conversations