We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madikwe Safari Lodge

Which Madikwe Game Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Downingtown...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Madikwe Safari Lodge

I have a reservation at Madikwe Safari Lodge for September 16--, 17--18. The reason I decided on this Lodge was because I will be traveling alone and CC does not charge a single supplement. But I have searched trip advisor and can find nothing about the Lodge. I understand they have three camps. Is one camp better than the other? Do they share viewing rights with other lodges?

I have chosen three reserves on this visit . My luxury accommodation will be Exeter Leadwood, in the Sabi Sand Reserve. my budget reservation will be a tent at Gomo Gomo in the Timbavati Reserve and my moderate will be Madikwe Safari Lodge, in the Madikwe Reserve

There are numerous reports on Leadwood and Gomo Gomo but nothing about Madikwe Safari Lodge. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me..

chicago
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Madikwe Safari Lodge

Strange that you are picking those exact camps since we're leaving in 3 weeks and selected two of the same camps. We'll be at Leadwood Exeter as well plus Madikwe.

We've stayed at the ccafrica Madikwe property last March 2005. Loved it. Staff fantastic. Game viewing is better than we expected - not the same as Kruger but very different which we enjoyed. Lots of wild dog and a few cheetah which we never saw at Londolozi on our previous trip.

There are 3 camps at Madikwe. 1 camp which is designated as the family camp - west camp I think. We stayed at North camp last time and it was beautiful, discrete and charming. And I don't think the luxury is much different than other ccafrica properties I've stayed at in the past. We loved it. In fact our son's name Tau came from that camp when I was pregnant there with him last year.

I'm sure you'll thoroughly enjoy your trip. I'll post on our experiences when we get back to the US.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Madikwe Safari Lodge

Looking forward to yor report. Thanks

3. Re: Madikwe Safari Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, August 24, 2009