We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
269 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Sorry forgot to ask what the weather will be like - is it the rainy season?

Thanks.

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

The south-western Cape (Cape Town and surrounds) gets its rain in winter; the rest of the country has rain in summer.

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Just noticed which sub-forum you posted on, and also that you will be here next month. In North-West Province there will most likely be no rain at all; daytime highs in the mid-upper twenties but nights will be much cooler.

Mentioned in this post
Hoorn, The...
Level Contributor
48 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Dear Malaika, rainy season is over in Madikwe, so you can count in general on dry, sunny weather. During the day you will get in the 20's but the early mornings and late afternoons can be very cold. If you look at the forecast for Gaborone (Botswana) or Thabazimbi on Accuweather you will get a pretty accurate forecast. I just had a look, mid may they forecast lows of 2 degrees, so don't forget to pack your fleece, gloves, winterjackets, hat etc. Have a good time! Just returned and it was lovely....

Mentioned in this post
South Africa
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

No now our raining season is over in the Noerh, the Cape has now the raining season.

During the day the sky is bleu and sun, sun, so nice weather. But when the sun the gone, it can het already cold. So take warm clothing with you, for the early morning and evening game deive in an open truck.

The winter starting quit early this year.

Have fun.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

Thanks for all your help.

We have done over 45 safaris in Kenya so roughly know what to take as in the Mara it does get so cold in the mornings and late afternoons. In fact I have to wear fingerless mittens to hold the camera in the morning .

Unfortunately we have left all our safari gear with a friend in Kenya as travel there at least twice a year so have had to buy new items. But no great deal as looking forward to this safari so much. Thankfully I have taken my sweaters, safari shoes and fleeces home with me so at least have them!!

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
6. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, August 20, 2015