We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

African Safari

New Rochelle
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Topic
African Safari

I think it is time to live the dream and see Africa and the wildlife. Could I get recommendations about the best safaris. I would like to stay at a place with comfortable sleeping and bath room facilities that open to views, maybe even an outdoor shower.

Can you see wildlife from the lodge or resort?

What is the best place for a first time visitor to Africa to see, Kenya, South Africa or other countries?

Thank you for your opinions and experience.

1 reply
Frankfurt, Germany
Destination Expert
for Garden Route
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: African Safari

"I would like to stay at a place with comfortable sleeping and bath room facilities that open to views, maybe even an outdoor shower."

- I guess this is possible in any subsaharan African country.

"Can you see wildlife from the lodge or resort?"

- Yes, in many lodges this is possible, in some lodges elephants and lions might even walk through the grounds.

"What is the best place for a first time visitor to Africa to see, Kenya, South Africa or other countries?"

- Very much depending on budget, season and interests. Are you only interested in the animals, or are you also interested in cities, landscapes, dining etc.

By the way, any particular reason why you ask such a broad question in a very specific (Makalali) forum? Any ideas or offers already?

Another thing to consider is malaria, since, to the best of my knowledge, the only place where malaria free safaris are possible in South Africa.

Reply to: African Safari
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Makalali Private Game...
More Makalali Private Game Reserve Topics