We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tented/Bush camp in Timbavati

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
23 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Tented/Bush camp in Timbavati

Planning a trip to SA in Sept. 2007, and looking for "rustic luxury" in Timbavati. I have been looking at Tanda Tula and Umlani, but it looks like Tanda Tula is booked for the last night we wanted to stay. Now I see a lot of positive reviews of Goma Goma. Anybody want to suggest other options? I don't want air conditioning, but I do want good food and wine, and a comfortable room/hut/tent.

bdk
SA
Level Contributor
358 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tented/Bush camp in Timbavati

Hi there

Gomo Gomo offers very good value for money. make sure however that you stay in a safari tent and not in their rooms, which are a bit run-down. Food is ample and tasty although it lacks variety, which is OK because this is a very affordable lodge. Game viewing is fantastic. Great sightings of leopard and a chance of seeing the famous white lions!

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,542 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tented/Bush camp in Timbavati

Pitty about Tanda Tula! I would go for Gomo Gomo above Umlani, but only if you can stay in the SAFARI TENTS and not the rooms (as advised by the previous poster). Game viewing in the Gomo Gomo area is generally better than the area that Umlani traverses on. Gomo Gomo tented accommodation offers great value for money!

Sydney
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Tented/Bush camp in Timbavati

Can anyone give me a web address for Gomo Gomo as I am interested Thanks in advance

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tented/Bush camp in Timbavati

www.gomogomo.co.za/

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
23 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tented/Bush camp in Timbavati

Thanks for the tips. I have just booked at Gomo Gomo. The animals are the real point of safari, and I will take good game viewing over a better pool any day!

6. Re: Tented/Bush camp in Timbavati

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, August 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Timbavati Private...