We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Hoedspruit to Johannesburg?????

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Hoedspruit to Johannesburg?????

Hi. Due to a late flight out of Johannesburg, is it worth driving from Hoedspruit to Johannesburg?

Thanks.

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
5,373 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Hoedspruit to Johannesburg?????

As to whether it is worth it, that depends on yourself.

The shortest route is around 480 Km, and will take over 6 hours driving, without stops.

The fastest route is about 510 Km and will therefore take around the same time, without stops.

Personally, if I had the choice between driving, or flying, I'd fly, but you must decide if spending 6 hours plus, behind the wheel, is worth it.

regards

Gavin

Cape Town
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Hoedspruit to Johannesburg?????

Hello

I came across this site that has directions - not sure if it would help, at at least it will give you an indication. tandatula.com/getting-here/…

Kruger National...
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Hoedspruit to Johannesburg?????

Hi there,

On the Hoedspruit side, there can be a lot of lovely scenery.

We drive this route quite often;

Hoedspruit

Lydenburg

Dullstrom

Belfast

Johannesburg

And LOVE stopping in the wonderful town of Dullstrom. the scenery between Hoedspruit and Lydenburg is just to die for - over a mountain!

All the best,

Jacqui

4. Re: Driving from Hoedspruit to Johannesburg?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, November 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Timbavati Private...