We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'Africa on foot' 'Nthambo' contact

Which Timbavati Private Nature Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
'Africa on foot' 'Nthambo' contact

Hi everyone,

We've finally decided on booking our first Safari experience at the end of March with either 'Afria on foot' or 'nThambo'. We like both of them and at this point, we'd take whatever is available.

I've emaild them two days ago and havent had a response back. Is this normal? Does anyone have an alternate contact than that listed on their website?

Thank you

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 'Africa on foot' 'Nthambo' contact

Hi SSSF,

The website phone number you have is correct +27-21-421-8433.

It's possible that if you mailed them on Friday, their reservations office might have closed for the weekend. We are about 8 hours ahead of your time zone. The lodge remains open, but the reservations office in Cape Town works normal office hours.

Both lodges operate from the same office.

I'm sure you can expect a response from Nadine or Brett within the next 24 hours. If not, bump me (PM) and I'll contact them on your behalf through the lodge.

Have a great trip (definitely some of my favourite lodges).

Edited: 5:29 pm, March 04, 2012
canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 'Africa on foot' 'Nthambo' contact

Thanks for the reply Bushkid,

You were indeed correct! I got a reply from Nadine today; I was a bit too eager and did not consider the weekend.

I now have a new dilemma to face...There is only 2 of the 3 nights availability at Africa on foot :( and no availability at nThambo. My secondary option is Shindzela that has availability for all three nights.

- Would you suggest staying 2 nights at Africa on foot and the last night at Shindzela? This would enable us to get both experiences. Can we get between the parks relatively easily since we have our own vehicle?

- Or save ourselves the trouble and spend all the nights at Shindzela?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Brussels
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 'Africa on foot' 'Nthambo' contact

I'd stay in one camp. AOF and Shindzela are quite similar in look and feel. No need to drive from one lodge to the next.

Ciao,

J.

4. Re: 'Africa on foot' 'Nthambo' contact

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, May 10, 2016